Echo LRP-Charlie Rangers
Go Back   Echo LRP-Charlie Rangers > R & R > Post Your Ride
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Post Your Ride Show us what you ride, drive, or fly. Bikes, Special cars & trucks, planes, kites, or just your old horse or mule.

Old 07-08-2017, 15:42
Charlie Ranger 70-71

Default Took the plunge.

Just a quickie to show off my new ride. Bought it a couple weeks ago and love it. It is a 2003 HD Heritage Softail. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
Old 07-08-2017, 18:32
Abn Inf

Nice lookin Heritage Softtail

A VET HELPING VETS
1st Brigade (seperate) 101st Airborne Div. (1966-67)
HHC 1/327 Mortar Platoon, Brigade PIO (Tiger Force 1/327, Hawks 2/327, Recondos 2/502)
82nd Airborne Division (1967-68)
Lead Deployment for Div. Arty.
Proud Father of a Ranger
(SP4 James M. Willey-91W @ C co 1st BN 75th Rangers at HAAF before ETS 2006)
When one American is not worth the effort to be found, We as Americans have lost.
I am a Combat American Veteran. This is America. Speak English or leave.
Old 07-11-2017, 07:11
Echo-Charlie Ranger rrogden

Good looking Softail. A couple of weeks ago a deer broadsided Tom Corregan broke his collar bone and scuffed him up pretty good. Totaled his bike. He said she ran into him like she was possessed. Looking for another. I ran a Sportser into a canal in Florida in 1973 and got very lucky. I was in no condition to be riding a motocycle at the time. Have fun, be careful.
Old 07-11-2017, 10:58
Charlie Ranger 70-71

Yes Rick. It seems we were charmed in a lot of our adventures. I have heard more bike wreck stories this last couple weeks than I care to recall. People seem to think if you have a bike, you will die on it. I am pretty sure no one cares about my life nearly as much as I do. I figure if I can avoid "the other guy", I can get me home. Did you give up that job yet? You look like you need to go fishing to me.
Old 07-11-2017, 16:48
Echo-Charlie Rangers Administrator

Nice looking Ride Mac, enjoy, be careful, I got NO stories. My jeep getting new rear brakes today had to ride my bike to my volunteer job at the War Museum on Merritt Island today. That meant driving down the road between those canals (rick) and then going over the Hubert Humphry high rise bridge. It was a nice ride except hotter then hell and I only sent two text messages.
Old 07-11-2017, 23:13
JIM

One thing I know for sure, if you ride a bike, sooner or later you are gonna lay it down, experience speaking, rode one at Bragg for five years during the seventies, had lots of close calls, damn near lost an eye. Sometimes I think that bike knew its way from McKellars Lodge to Yakin Road, to Hope Mills with a fat girl on back . Aw, those were the days. Did I really do that?
Old 07-12-2017, 13:19
Charlie Ranger 70-71

Warhorse. If you want to know the truth, I dropped it on the test ride. It fell over on the grass, but I landed on the pavement, with my foot underneath. No fat girls involved. Totally my fault. I rode it on a very busy two-lane hi-way, and I was having trouble getting off the hi-way to turn around. Misjudged the entrance to the parking lot and went into a patch of grass with the front brake on. I was virtually stopped when it went over. When I got my foot out from under it, a road worker near by came over and helped me pick it up. I didn't know I was hurt until I felt the blood run down my arm then I could barely walk the next day. I have leathers now and crash bars on the front. Momma was sure mad when I handed the guy that big stack of $20 bills.
Old 07-17-2017, 22:09
Echo-Charlie Ranger rrogden

All the crash stories aside there is no feeling like running hard through the gears on a Harley. I imagine this Hellcat Dodge that has 707 hp has that same torqued feeling. If I had a spare $65000 I would have a 2018 widebody Hellcat ordered. Dodge is also making a Demon in 2018 that has 840 hp. It is the only factory car ever to be sold that will do a wheelle. 0-100mph in 5.2 seconds. Hell i can get to JP's or Ray's house in a little over 2 hours!