Echo LRP-Charlie Rangers
Go Back   Echo LRP-Charlie Rangers > R & R > POETRY AND CREATIVE WRITINGS
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

POETRY AND CREATIVE WRITINGS This Forum is to allow for the sharing of members Poetry and Creative Writings. Each person may post their creations to this site, keeping in mind that lengthy writings can not be allow due to space restrictions and bandwidth usage. Please do not attempt to post book length writings.

Old 06-15-2017, 21:20
Echo-Charlie Ranger rrogden

Default Roses II

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Are we getting lazy
and not posting too?

Ain't somebody going to tell me I need to quit pouring concrete after JP and I walked into a restaurant and it looked like a limping contest........
Old 06-15-2017, 22:17
JIM

Rick, you got that right, I am the limping king these days, I am in physical therapy twice a week and it seems to be helping. But you, got to throw in the towel with that concrete stuff. The hardest thing I do now days is climb on my zero turn mower, of course then I got to figure out how to get off it. I guess most members just don't have much to say anymore. See you in August.
Old 06-17-2017, 07:44
Charlie Ranger 70-71

I have thought to myself a few times, That Rick, he must be a tough son of a gun if he can still pour concrete everyday. That is hard for anyone to do, young or old. I do know how hard it is to give up a job you love, but once I had to do it, it wasn't so bad. I found out the world didn't stop because I wasn't there to keep things going. Someone else stepped and up took my place like I was never there. He was grateful for the opportunity to take over my duties, and I stopped worrying about it after a short time. lol. In fact, my problem now is that I have so much free time to get things done, I usually just say, I'll do it tomorrow, I'm not doing anything, but it still doesn't get done because I say that everyday. I've always wanted a job where I could sit at home and have them mail me my paychecks. Now I have it, and it is good. So here it is, Rick, don't set your alarm tonight, just call in retired tomorrow. Then you will have time to make us all a table - tomorrow.
Old 06-17-2017, 19:07
Echo-Charlie Ranger rrogden

Good Idea.......